There are so many things to consider, so many changes in your lifestyle, when you need extra help, or become the caregiver of someone with special needs or disabilities. Schedule a consultation with us today to learn more about how we can help.
Yes, it is possible for you or your family member to stay in your home.
Even with disabilities or physical challenges. It's called "living-in-place", allowing you to stay in your home longer with accommodations that are part of a remodeling solution. Developed in conjunction with occupational therapists who partner with SHR Remodeling, Inc., living-in-place solutions help overcome impairments such as low vision, reduced mobility, and other issues. You can rely on us for a remodeling plan that is fully ADA compliant, one that we guarantee will meet your exacting requirements, and give you the best value.
ADA Compliant Renovation to Meet Your Needs
The modifications that are required to make your home ADA compliant for those with disabilities, and to help you live in place vary depending on the circumstances, but can include any of the following services:
- Widening hallways and doorways to allow for greater accessibility
- Evening out thresholds so wheelchairs can slide into the house without any bumps and to decrease tripping hazards
- Switching knobs to lever handles for ease of use
- Moving switches lower for easier accessibility
- Opening up tight spaces to accommodate a 360-degree turn in a wheelchair
- Installing anti-slip flooring
- Installing easy-to-use faucets that require less force
- Adding wall-mounted grab bars in the bathroom or other areas, as needed
- Installing accessible countertops in the kitchen
- Improving the lighting by adding motion sensor or sound-activated lights
- Modifying the height of kitchen appliances and cupboards so cooking is still possible